Recipe for the BEST Homemade Chicken Tenders! With a few trade secrets, you can makes these easy chicken strips that are crispy, juicy, and tender–without frying!
The Secret to Crispy BAKED Chicken Tenders
Prep Time : 15 min
Prep Time : 20 min
Total Time : ,
Servings :16 tenders.
- 1.3lb / 600g Chicken Tenders OR Chicken Breast, sliced into strips & at room temp (see notes)
- 1/3 cup / 70g Flour
- 1 1/4 cups / 75g Panko Breadcrumbs (see notes)
- 1 heaped tbsp Butter
- 1oz / 30g freshly grated Parmesan (see notes)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp each: Paprika, Salt
- 1/4 tsp each: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- Oil Spray
- Melt 1 heaped tbsp butter into a frying pan over medium heat and stir in 1.25cups/75g Panko breadcrumbs. Continue frying for 5 or so mins until the breadcrumbs turn light golden. Remove from heat.
- Pre heat oven to 200c/390f.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tsp paprika and salt, 1/4 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste).
- Line up 3 large bowls. In the first bowl combine 1/3cup/70g flour with 1 tsp of your spice mix. In the second combine 1 beaten egg with 2 tbsp milk. In the third combine breadcrumbs with 1oz/30g parmesan and the rest of your spice mix.
- One by one dip your tenders first into the flour, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs, ensuring you fully coat at each stage (especially the last).
- Space out (important so they don’t turn mushy) on a baking tray (preferably elevated on a wire rack if you have one), spray with oil then pop in the oven for 20mins or until golden, crispy and piping hot through the centre. If at all you notice them starting to char at all, turn down the heat.
- Place on a cooling rack for a few mins to allow all the steam to escape and crisp up. Serve with your favourite dip!
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.