How to make oven-baked crispy chicken nuggets. With a little chicken nugget ASMR thrown in the mix. LOL. All my tips for getting super crispy crunch on your chicken nuggets without the frying and zero oil!
The BEST Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets Ever!
Prep Time : 20 min
Prep Time : 15 min
Total Time : ,
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into into 1 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add panko breadcrumbs to a large baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Spray breadcrumbs with nonstick olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 2 minutes, then stir breadcrumbs (or just give the pan a shake) and then bake for 2-3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Keep heat in the oven.
- Transfer breadcrumbs to a medium bowl. Whisk in spices: salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and almond milk. Set aside.
- Line the large baking sheet with an oven safe wire metal rack. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip each chicken cube into the egg mixture, then use a tong to grab each chicken nugget and toss into the breadcrumb mixture to completely coat with breadcrumbs. Use tongs to transfer to the wire rack, placing about 1 inch apart.
- Generously spray the tops of the chicken nuggets with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and temp reaches 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer. Serves 4. Serve with BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ketchup or whatever sauce you’d like!
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.