The best sausage gravy recipe in the world.. Handed down in my family for over a hundred years…
Best Biscuits and Gravy in the world
Prep Time : 5 min
Prep Time : 10 min
Total Time : ,
- 8 Flakey Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon(s)s all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan. Use a paper towel to blot out most of the grease from the pan.
- Add flour, butter, and half & half. Cook on medium-low, stirring often, for several minutes until thickened.
- Add thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Serve over warm biscuits.
- Make ahead Instructions:You can make the gravy ahead of time and store it in a container in the fridge for 2-3 days, depending on the freshness of your ingredients.Rewarm on the stove, adding a splash of half and half or milk to thin it, if needed, and additional seasonings, to taste.
- Freezing instructions:I’d suggest making the recipe with whole milk, if you want to freeze it. (Half and half will have a slightly different texture upon reheating from frozen, but will still taste good). Thaw overnight in the fridge.Rewarm on the stove, adding a splash of half and half or milk to thin it, if needed, and additional seasonings, to taste. The biscuits can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for 3-5 months.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.