Soft and chewy M&M’s Cookie Bars. Packed with brown sugar and chocolate, you won’t be able to resist these cookie bars!
M&M COOKIE BARS RECIPE
Prep Time : 15 min
Prep Time : 30 min
Total Time : ,
- cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. For thick bars, line a 9×13″ pan with foil. For thinner bars, line a 15×10″ pan. Leave an over hang for easy removal. Then spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mixture just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s (saving about 1/4 cup for the top).
- Scoop cookie dough into the pan. Then place extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is barely golden brown. Allow to cool completely, then remove and slice.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To top M&M bars with glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar + 1 TB milk and drizzle over cookies once cooled.