Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 packet taco seasoning
– 1 cup chunky salsa
– 1/4-1/2 cup water
– 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 12-14 ounces each
– shredded Mexican blend cheese
– diced tomato
– diced avocado or guacamole
– sour cream
1. Brown ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 5 more minutes until mixture has thickened and is heated through. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency.
3. While the meat is cooking, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, turning sweet potatoes over once halfway through. If potatoes aren’t soft enough, continue cooking 1-3 minutes more. I usually cook two potatoes at one time, but if your microwave allows, you could cook all four at once. Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then slice them lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
4. Spoon the cooked taco meat over the sweet potatoes and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream. Enjoy!
5. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.