Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Servings: 4 servings
– 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-sized cubes
– 3 T olive oil
– 1 T balsamic vinegar
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– fresh ground black pepper to taste
– 1 pkg. (4 or 5 links) pre-cooked chicken, turkey, or pork sausage (about 14-16 oz. sausage)
– 1 lb. broccoli, trimmed and cut apart to make about 3/4 pound broccoli pieces
– salt and additional fresh-ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450F/230C and spray sheet pan with non-stick spray.
2. Cut up two medium sweet potatoes into cubes that aren’t too small. (I made cubes that were about one inch across.)
3. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and black pepper.
4. Put sweet potato cubes into a bowl and toss with half the oil-balsamic mixture.
5. Spread sweet potatoes out on a sheet pan, put pan in the oven, and start to roast for 15 minutes.
6. Slice sausage into slices about 3/4 inch thick. (We trimmed off the ends so the sausage would have a flat end on both sides.)
7. When sweet potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, add sausage pieces to the sheet pan and roast 10 minutes more.
8. Cut up broccoli into same-size pieces (about the size of the other ingredients.)
9. Put broccoli into the bowl and toss broccoli with the rest of the oil-balsamic mixture.
10. Remove sheet pan from the oven and turn sausage pieces over. Then spread sausage and sweet potatoes apart and tuck broccoli pieces between them.
11. Put sheet pan back in the oven and cook 15 minutes more, or until broccoli is done to your liking and sausages and sweet potatoes are nicely browned.
12. Season with a little salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve hot.
13. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.