Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Servings: 6 servings
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
– 4 tablespoons chili powder* (I used McCormick chili powder)
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
– 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
– 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
– 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
– For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
1. Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
3. Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
4. Garnish with anything you’d like. Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
5. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.