How to make pasta candies recipe : What tastes like pasta, looks like candy, and makes you look good in the kitchen?
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- Zest of one medium orange
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium beets
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 small butternut squash
- 8 ounces chevre goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
INSTRUCTIONS Pasta Candies:
Beet Caramelle Pasta w/ Roasted Butternut Squash
1. Cook pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes. Place cooked pasta in a colander.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add sliced fennel and saute until crisping on the edges. Add filled caramelle pasta and orange zest, toss until combined.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roast the beets and butternut squash (separately) in foil for 1 1/2 hours until very tender. Let cool.
3. Peel the beets and scoop the squash out. Set aside in separate bowls.
4. In a food processor, blend the beets into a smooth paste. Add the egg and yolk, and blend until combined.
5. Add the flour a little at a time until the dough comes together. Knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
6. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for an hour.
7. Unwrap the dough and cut into 8 equal pieces. Using a rolling pin, roll the pasta out (flouring as needed) until about an 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1 1/2-inch by 2-inch rectangles.
8. With a spoon, place 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling into the center of the pasta square. Roll into a caramelle shape. Continue until all dough is used.
1. In a medium bowl, mix the roasted squash with chevre and tumeric until well blended.