This is a wonderful way of making pasta using homemade pasta sauce. Baking the pasta with mozzarella cheese, gives the dish another level of taste and presenting elegance. You may add any kind of meat or sausage as of your choice too.
– 2 pounds ground beef
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
– 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
– 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
– 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
– 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add to beef mixture and gently stir in sliced plum tomatoes.
3. Transfer to an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
4. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.