The Sausage and egg McMuffin is something I always get at the airport before I get on a flight (if I can), it’s a tradition of sorts and is the only time I will ever get one. I’ve been craving this since travel restrictions have lifted… because I’m not going anywhere! ?? Here’s how I made a homemade version ??
2 english muffins (halved)
2 sliced cheese
4 Cumberland sausages (use 2 if you want single patty and reduce salt and sugar below)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
Cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, remove sausage casing and add sugar, salt and a good dash of white and cracked black pepper. Incorporate well.
3. Divide mix into 4 portions and make into round patties.
4. Heat a pan on medium heat with a bit of oil and fry patties until cooked, remove from heat.
5. Make sure pan is clean, then on low heat, crack eggs into egg rings (oil the inside of the egg rings before cooking), using a fork slightly break apart the yolks, then cover with a lid. It should take about 6-7 minutes to cook, just check until they look cooked through.
6. While eggs are cooking, place muffins into oven and heat for a few minutes until warm.
7. Once eggs are ready, assemble and enjoy!
8. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
Homemade Sausage and Egg Muffin Recipe
Via instagram: @yummy_umami