Picked up some fresh rice noodles today and didn’t think through what I was going to make with it until I got home ??♀️ The only thing I could think of making was beef hor fun but didn’t have any steak, or bean sprouts.. essential ingredients for this dish!
So decided to improvise with some rolled beef, the type you get with hotpot, and to add in some sliced bok choy, it was a good substitute… make what you have! A non authentic beef hor fun recipe below:
– 1 pack fresh rice noodles (separate noodles)
– 3 cloves garlic (minced)
– 1 inch ginger (minced)
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 boy choy (sliced)
– 3 spring onions (cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and julliened)
– Rolled beef for hotpot (approx 15)
– 1 tsp shaoxing wine
– 1 tsp light soy sauce
– 1 tbsp light soy
– 1 tbsp oyster sauce
– 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
– 2 tsp dark soy
– 2 tbsp water
– 1 1/2 tsp sugar
– 1/8 tsp white pepper
Premix Corn flour mix:
– 1 tsp corn flour
– 3 tsp water
1. In a wok, heat oil on high heat and brown the beef for a couple of minutes, remove into a bowl and set aside.
2. There should be oil still left in the wok as the beef should have released some oil as well, but if there isn’t at least 3 tbsp oil in the wok, add a bit more. Add garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Add bok choy and fry for a minute.
4. Add noodles, sauce and corn flour mix and toss through until the noodles are soft and cooked.
5. Add spring onions and toss through for no longer than a minute.
6. Serve with sprinkle of sesame seeds on top! Enjoy!
7. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
Beef Hor Fun (rice Nooooodles)!
Via Instagram: @yummy_umami