- 3 cups (390g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (621g) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (638g) pumpkin puree (about 1 1/2 cans)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9×5 loaf pans very well with non stick baking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Whisk together to combine, then set aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter and sugar and mix just until combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well combined after each addition.
5. Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
6 Add the pumpkin purée and beat until well combined. The mixture may like a little curled and separated.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix. If you need to stir it a bit more, use a spatula and do it gently by hand.
8. Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Remove the loaves from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.