It’s an easy twist on traditional sloppy joes that’s flavorful and delicious! The cheesy crust compliments the beefy tomato filling so well and makes for a quick and hearty weeknight dinner that the whole family.
– 1lb cooked extra lean ground beef
– 1 cup diced onions
– 1 can of sloppy joe sauce (manwich) 398ml
– ⅔ cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 7.5oz can of pillsbury biscuits (In the 4 value pack, you can use bigger biscuits and weigh out or -increase points)
– 1.5 Tbsp melted reduced calorie margarine
– 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
– 1 tsp dried oregano
1. Cook your ground beef and onions on the stove in a pan, drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9 inch square dish.
3. Add your sauce to your meat and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring well.
4. Pour meat mixture into your dish, top with cheese.
5. Place 9 of your 10 biscuit dough pieces on top of mixture, you will have 1 extra biscuit.
6. Bake in oven for 14 minutes. Just before the time is up, melt margarine and add diced garlic and oregano. Remove dish from oven and using a small spoon drizzle your garlic butter over top of all your biscuits.
7. Return to oven for 6-8 minutes, until your biscuits are a golden brown.
Makes 9 servings at 7 freestyle smart points or 5PP
Nutritional info (adapted from my fitness pal) Per serving.. Calories 204…Fat 9.3g… Saturated fat 3.6g… Carbohydrates 17.5g… Fiber 1.8g… Sugars 5.5g… Protein 13.2g.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.