Legend has it that a Persian girl madly in love with a Prince made this cake with magical powers to make him fall in love with her.
– 200 g butter, at room temperature
– 150 g fine granulated sugar
– 4 eggs
– 12 cardamon
– pods – 100 g patent flour, sieved
– 275 g ground almonds (almond flour)
– grater and juice of 1 lemon (organic)
– 1 tbsp rose water
– 1 tsp baking soda
– a good pinch of salt
For the syrup:
– 2 tbsp crystal sugar
– ½ lemon juice
– ½ tbsp rose water
For the icing:
– 150 g icing sugar
– 3/4 lemon juice
– 1 tsp cold water
For the decoration:
– 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
– 2 tablespoons rose petals
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C top and bottom heat and grease a 22 cm spring form and cover the bottom with baking paper.
2. Put the butter with the sugar in a bowl and beat with the mixer until light and creamy. Then beat in the eggs one by one.
3. Remove the seeds from the cardinal pods and rub them into powder in a mortar. Add them to the dough mixture together with the flour, ground almonds, lemon juice, lemon zest, rose water, baking powder and a good pinch of salt. Mix everything well and divide the batter into the springform.
4. Place the form in the preheated oven and bake the cake for 45 minutes. Check with a skewer.
5. At the end of the baking time, put the juice of the lemon, rose water and granulated sugar in a pan and put on the heat, heat until the sugar is mixed. Remove the cake from the oven and place on a rack. Pierce the entire cake holes with a satay stick. Divide the syrup over it so that it draws into the cake. remove the edge of the springform and let the cake cool completely.
6. Make the icing with the icing sugar and the lemon juice, add the water if necessary. The icing must be quite thick. Divide the icing over the cake and decorate with the pistachio nuts and the dried rose petals.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.