– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 cups self-rising flour
– 1 cup butter
– 1 cup strong black coffee
– 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1/4 cup butter
– 4 tablespoons buttermilk
– 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
– 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 cup chopped pecans
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup caramel sauce, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the pan or use parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine self-rising flour and granulated sugar. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup butter, 1 cup coffee, and 1/3 cup cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour into the prepared dry ingredients. Using a hand-held mixer, mix on medium speed until wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add eggs and the 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Mix on medium speed for another minute or so, until well combined.
3. Pour into the baking pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. When the cake is done baking, a toothpick or fork inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean.
4. Prepare the frosting. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 cup butter, 4 tablespoons buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and use a wire whisk to gradually mix in powdered sugar, a 1/2 cup at a time.
6. Spread or pour the warm frosting over the cake. While the cake is still warm, sprinkle with chopped pecans, and chocolate chips. Drizzle with caramel sauce
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.