– 180 g ground almonds
– 60 g dried, grated coconut
– 250 g fine granulated sugar
– 70 g self-rising flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 4 large eggs
– 200 g melted butter, allowed to cool to room temperature
– 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
– the grater of 2 lemons
– 200 g fresh blueberries
– 20 g planed almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 160 ° C top and bottom heat. Grease a springform of 23 cm and cover the bottom with baking paper.
2. Finely grind your almonds in your food processor (or in a cheese grinder).
3. Put the ground almonds, the self-rising flour, the salt, the coconut and the sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the vanilla extract, the melted butter and the lemon zest. Mix everything well together.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix everything well with a spatula. Then add 150 g of the berries and mix well.
6. Put the dough in the springform and sprinkle the rest of the blueberries and the shaved almonds over the dough.
7. Bake the cake 55 – 60 minutes in the preheated oven until an inserted skewer comes out clean and dry. Keep an eye on the baking time because a large amount of eggs can make the cake too dry in a few minutes! The cake must be slightly moist (and I like that!) Let the cake cool for 30 minutes before you remove the springform.
Tip: You can serve the cake lukewarm with whipped cream or let it cool completely.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.