These Cowboy Cookies taste like they came from a fancy bakery! They are thick and soft and full of nutty goodness!
How to Make Perfect Cowboy Cookies
Prep Time : 15 mins
Prep Time : 12 mins
Total Time : ,
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, brown sugar, and sugar and mix on low using the paddle attachment. Increase to medium and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add in all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add in the quick oats and mix until just combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut flakes and mix in using the paddle attachment or use a large spoon or rubber spatula to fold in.
- Divide the dough into about 12 equal pieces. Use hands to roll into large balls. Place onto prepared baking sheets, 6 per pan.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool on pan 15 minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For 24 smaller cookies bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes.