1. 500g minced beef
2. 1 white onion, chopped or minced
3. 1 red onion, chopped or minced
4. 2 tbsp tomato paste
5. 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice )or 4-5 tomatoes)
6. 1 bay leaf, pasta seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper
7. Mozzarella cheese
8. Béchamel sauce (any brand or homemade)
9. Lasagna noodles, uncooked .
1. In a large sauce pan, cook the beef at high heat till it’s own water almost dries out. Add in chopped onions till translucent. Add in spices and tomato paste, give it a quick stir and finally add in the can of tomatoes along with 2 cups of boiling water. You might want to add one more cup or two depending on your saucepan. Let it simmer for 15-20 mins on low heat till it thickens a bit.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. To assemble, on baking dish, place a bit of béchamel which covers the bottom layer then add in lasagna noodles, marinara, béchamel, mozzarella cheese, lasagna noodles and repeat till you almost reach the top layer topping it with béchamel leaving around an inch space so it doesn’t start dripping out when baking.
3. Bake it for around 30 mins then broil for 5-10 mins. Garnish with parsley & enjoyyy?