This keto pigs in a blanket recipe is a perfect low-carb dish for appetizers and party snacks.
Keto Pigs in a Blanket
Prep Time : 10 min
Prep Time : 20 min
Total Time : ,
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package (6 count) hot dogs or smoked sausage links
- 1 egg white beaten for egg wash to brush on top
- Optional: Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or Flake Salt
- Preheat ovento 350 degrees
- In a large micorwave safe bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheese so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix until the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined add in a beaten egg white and stir well
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visable)
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Slice the dough into 6 strips.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dogs, overlapping slightly.
- Lastely, brush with an egg white and sprinkle with salt or Everything But the Bagel Seasoning if you wish.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
In the nutrition information below please note I have calculated the nutrition of the dough PER each pig in a blanket. You must add the nutrtion from the specific brand of hot dog or smoked sausage you use to know your exact net carb count.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.