This recipe is a BONUS recipe for the week! We present Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits! These have all the taste of the delicious Cheddar Bay Biscuits made famous at Red Lobster, but without all of the carbs.
Keto Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Low Carb Red Lobster Biscuit Copycat)
Prep Time : 10 min
Prep Time : 15 min
Total Time : ,
- 3 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (scrape the measuring cup out since it is thick, make sure you get ALL of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir until cream cheese is smooth with no clumps.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and melted butter.
- Stir until combined. Do not overmix or biscuits will be tough.
- Chill the dough 10-15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop spoon the biscuits out onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Lightly press the dough down.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile combine the topping: melted butter, garlic powder and Italian seasonings or parsley.
- Brush onto biscuits.
Tips and tricks:
You can use unsweetened almond milk instead of cream if you want, but the fat content decreases.
The dough will be thick, be careful not to overmix, watch the video to see exactly how it should look.
If you want regular cheesy biscuits just leave off the garlic powder and seasoning in the butter topping. These biscuits are great for breakfast or sliders.
I use a SMALL cookie/ice cream scoop to get 22 biscuits. If you want to use a large/full size scoop you will get approximately 11 biscuits with about 4 net carbs each. The baking time is 16-18 minutes for the large biscuits.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.