The other day, I was at O’Briens coffee shop and someone ordered a pepperoni supreme pizza bagel. It looked AMAZING so I figured I would try making a keto version.
So this recipe is just for the bagel only, you can add some fattening meats and cheeses and make a pepperoni supreme, but they aren’t included in the macros (although I wouldn’t think they’d add too many carbs)
LOW CARB KETO PIZZA BAGELS
Prep Time : 14 min
Prep Time : 15 min
Total Time : ,
Servings :6 Pizza Bagels.
- 2 cups almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 3 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Low Carb Pizza Sauce (get the recipe here)
- 2.5 ounces pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried Italian seasoning. Mix until well combined. I like to put the mixture through a flour sifter to ensure that all the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. If needed, return the bowl to the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the cheese is melted and easy to mix. Mix until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Once everything is well combined, add the pepperoni to the dough and mix it in. Little by little, add and mix in the sauce. The dough will be fairly soft here.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Gently press your finger into the center of each dough ball to form a ring. Stretch the ring to make a small hole in the center and form it into a bagel shape.
- Top each bagel with oregano and Parmesan
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.