Recipe By @rawanshehs
Eggplant fatteh using baked eggplants and pita chips instead of fried because oil that spills out of the pan scares the hell out of me (but will overcome this fear at some point) ??♀️ But everything is more yummy when baked am I right? ☹️?
1. 2 large eggplants, cut into cubes
2. 2 medium arabic bread, cut into squares
3. 3-4 tbsp yogurt
4. 1 tbsp tahini
5. 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
6. 1 garlic clove, minced
7. Salt to taste
8. Olive oil
9. Chopped parsley, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Drizzle olive oil and a pinch of salt on eggplants, mix together then place on baking sheet on tray. Bake for 20 mins or till golden and crispy. Do the same with the arabic bread but you’ll need to watch out for the bread as it gets golden real quick.
2. For the yogurt dressing, mix yogurt, tahini, garlic and lemon juice till creamy. At this stage you taste the dressing and feel what’s missing. If the tahini taste is too strong, add more yogurt, if you feel it needs salt, add a little and so on.
3. On serving plate, start assembling the crispy pita chips, eggplants and lastly the yogurt dressing. Garnish with parsley, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts on top. Enjoyyyy✨