Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
– 1.2 lb (545g) chicken breasts – boneless, skinless
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– Sea salt and ground black pepper – to taste
– 1/4 cup (31g) plain flour
– 2 large eggs – beaten
– 1 1/4 cup (70g) panko breadcrumbs
– 2 tbsp (30g) butter
– 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Lemon Asparagus:
– 14-16 spears asparagus – 1 large bunch, ends trimmed
– 1 tbsp butter – melted
– 1 lemon – juiced (or 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice)
– 1/2 tbsp lemon zest – or zest of 1/2 lemon
– sea salt and ground pepper – to taste
– 1/2 lemon – cut into wedges
– curly parsley – chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the chicken into large bite-sized cubes, then sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
3. Prepare 3 bowls: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and a third with panko breadcrumbs.
4. Add one plate next to the bowls to hold the coated chicken.
5. Lightly coat each piece of chicken with flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, then into the panko breadcrumbs, gently pressing to adhere breadcrumbs to all sides. Repeat with all chicken pieces and set aside on the prepared plate.
6. Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
7. Add butter and olive oil, and once hot carefully place the coated chicken bites into the skillet.
8. Fry the chicken, turning to brown all sides, for 3-5 minutes, until a crisp crust forms. You don’t need to fully cook the chicken bites at this stage, as we will finish them in the oven. You might also have to cook them in 2 batches, so you don’t overcrowd the pan.
9. Once all the chicken bites are nicely golden, bring them to the side of the pan.
10. Place the asparagus into the pan next to the chicken.
11. Drizzle the melted butter and lemon juice over, then sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
12. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked, and the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10-12 minutes.
13. Add garnishes of choice.
14 . Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
Image by : Robi Winston Bart