This Coconut Cream Pie takes a buttery crisp prebaked pastry crust and fills it with a coconut flavored cream. The crowning touch to this American favorite is lots of whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut. Very appealing, very comforting, and very tasty.
Coconut Cream Pie Recipe Demonstration
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt; stir in eggs until mixture is well blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut until blended; pour into baked pie crust.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, spread with whipped cream; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
Variation: You can also toast the coconut before adding it to the pie.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread evenly on the cookie sheet, stir once or twice while baking for 5 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.