The secret: instant vanilla pudding mix. Step up your Boston Cream Pie with this easy and special version.
Boston Cream Poke Cake
Prep Time : 35 min
Prep Time : 25 min
Total Time : ,
- 16.25 ounce yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 2 (3.4oz) boxes
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 1/3 cups
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or butter if you prefer
- 1 cup heavy cream
Things You’ll Need
- Hand mixer
- 13×9 baking dish
- Mixing bowls
- Prepare and bake the cake in a 13×9 pan according to the package instructions. Let cool completely before poking holes across the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Be sure to poke all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding, milk, and vanilla, but don’t let it thicken. Pour the thin pudding over cake in an even layer, poking down into the holes if necessary.
- Refrigerate the cake for one hour.
- Place the chocolate chips and corn syrup in a heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the cream until it simmers, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, you can microwave the cream until hot.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes to melt.
- Stir until smooth. Let the glaze cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cake and smooth with a spatula. Chill cake for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.