- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, zucchini, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well.
- Form 6 large turkey burger patties about a size of a medium hand. Flatten them as burgers “jump up” while cooking. Use wet hands to help with stickiness issue. I usually form patties as I am waiting for skillet to get hot and as I go.
- Stovetop: Preheat medium ceramic non-stick skillet on low-medium heat. It’s important to cook turkey burgers low and slow so they get cooked through and do not fall apart (they won’t). Add about 1.5 tbsp of oil to the skillet and swirl around. Place 3 patties in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side, flipping once. Repeat with remaining oil and burgers.
- Grill: If grilling, freeze burgers for 10 minutes prior. Helps to hold their shape. Preheat grill on medium and spray with cooking spray. Spray turkey patties on both sides with cooking spray, place on a grill and cook for 6-8 minutes flipping once. Grills vary, so check your burger for doneness by inserting a food thermometer into the center of the patty. You are looking for 165 degrees = done.
- Serve hot and right away is the best. Burgers are the most juicy this way. Serve traditional way on a whole grain or thin multigrain bun with all the fixins. Or serve “naked” with mashed avocado (guacamole) and store-bought salsa. Or on a bed of greens. Sky is the limit.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
Turkey Burgers – Healthy Dinner Recipe
1 lb lean ground turkey,
1 1/2 cups finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium),
1 large garlic clove, grated,
1 tsp cumin,
1/2 tsp salt
/4 tsp ground black pepper
based on 11 customer reviews