I’ve been meaning to make this miso glazed eggplant (aubergines for my English friends!) for the longest time, and today was the day! Absolutely delightful flavours from the saltiness of the miso and sweetness from the Mirin.
I also love how the sauce infuses into the texture of eggplant, so soft and silky! Perfect accompaniment with rice – a fabulous vegan dish too.
– 1 eggplant (halved lengthways, cut around the perimeter and cross hatch into the flesh)
– Chopped green onions to garnish
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– Sauce (premix below in a small bowl)
– 2 tbsp miso
– 2 tbsp Mirin
– 2 tbsp water
– 1 tsp soy
– 1 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Heat pan on medium heat and add a tsp of vegetable oil, place eggplant in pan skinside down.
3. Drizzle a bit of oil onto the flesh (top side) of the Eggplant and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook for about 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the sauce in a small saucepan, I used one of those tiny sauce saucepans, and heat sauce over medium heat until it reaches a thicker consistency, about 3 minutes, take off heat and set aside, also incorporate the sesame oil at this point.
5. Flip eggplant, flesh side down, cover and cook for a further 3 minutes with lid on.
6. Place eggplant onto a baking tray, spoon sauce on top of the eggplant and bake in oven until it goldens, about 3-4 minutes.
7. Serve with green onions and sesame seeds on top.
8. Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
Nasu dengaku ???
Via Instagram: @yummy_umami