My Mum used to make Caramel Squares, also known as Millionaire’s Shortbread, for me all the time. Now you can make that decadent dessert too!
Millionaire’s Shortbread Just Like
Prep Time : 1 hr
Prep Time : 35 mins
Total Time : ,
- 250g shortbread biscuits
- 55g melted butter
- 150g butter
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 400g can condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- Square brownie tin approx 20cm
- Put the biscuits in a bag and crush with a rolling pin until like large breadcrumbs. Line the tin with baking parchment. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter, then press it firmly into your lined tin and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the sugar, salt, and remaining butter in a non-stick pan, stirring until melted. Add the condensed milk and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the filling has thickened. Pour the caramel over the base. Cool on a work surface for 15 minutes and then chill in the fridge until set.
- Melt the chocolate in separate bowls over pans of simmering water. Pour the dark chocolate over the caramel and then reserve a tablespoon of dark chocolate in a piping bag. For the ghost bodies, pipe a circle of white chocolate on the melted dark chocolate, drag a skewer from the center of the circle to create a tail. Wipe the skewer between ghosts for the best effect then pipe on some eyes and a mouth.
- Chill in the fridge until set. Remove from the tin and cut into squares, dip your knife in hot water between cuts to help to cut through the chocolate.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.