Grandma’s Apple Crisp
- 6 to 7 large, tart apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 scant cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- Arrange apple slices in the bottom of a buttered, 8×8 glass baking dish or deep-dish pie plate. Pour orange juice over the apple slices. Mix the cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar, and sprinkle it evenly over the apples.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, and the salt. Mix well. Add the butter and cut it into the flour mixture using a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle this crumb mixture evenly over the apples. Top everything with a bit more cinnamon, if you like. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
Source : Chindeep.com