How to Make: Mississippi Pot Roast – Made in the Slow Cooker This recipe only has a few ingredients and tastes delicious.
How to Make: Mississippi Pot Roast – Made in the Slow Cooker
Prep Time : 10 min
Prep Time : 8 hr
Total Time : ,
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet Au Jus mix
- ½ cup salted butter 1 stick
- 8 Pepperoncini peppers
- Heat up a large non-stick pan on high.
- Add oil to hot skillet.
- You want it really hot here to brown or “sear” the beef quickly.
- Take a paper towel and make sure you dry both sides of the pot roast.
- Season with a little bit of pepper.
- Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the roast.
- Allow the roast to cook for about 2-3 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Using tongs, flip the meat over and sear the other side of the roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle packets of dry ranch dressing and Au Jus over pot roast.
- Top with a stick of butter then place peppers on and around roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take two forks and start shredding the meat.
- Discard any big fatty pieces.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Don’t be scared about the stick of butter. this roast makes its own amazing gravy, so serve it over my favorite mashed potatoes. With just a few simple ingredients, you will find it to be so easy and mouthwatering and the best pot roast ever!
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.