- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch of cumin
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 sea salt + more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potato chunks with 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and arrange evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Allow sweet potato chunks to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Allow quinoa to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, corn, bell pepper, black beans, shallot, cilantro and avocado. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, black pepper and sea salt. Gently toss the salad to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Serve salad right away or chill in the fridge a few hours before serving. Add a sprinkle of queso fresco or feta cheese when serving, if desired.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.
healthy recipes : Southwest Quinoa Salad
1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained,
1 large sweet potato, chopped into bite size chunks,
1 red or orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced,
1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained,
1 cup thawed frozen corn
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 avocado, chopped,
1/4 cup + 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil,
juice of 1 lime,
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
pinch of cumin
ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 sea salt + more to taste
based on 22 customer reviews