Like a chocolate covered espresso bean… in muffin form. I made these extra healthy, but feel free to substitute white flour, regular sugar, canola oil and regular chocolate chips. I won’t be offended!
- 1-¼ cup Fresh Whole Ground Flour (use Soft White Wheat)
- ½ cups Rapadura Brand Unrefined Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 whole Shots Of Espresso
- 2 whole Eggs
- ¾ cups Buttermilk
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Hazelnuts
- 1 cup Rapunzel Brand Chocolate Chips
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Dissolve the espresso powder directly into the espresso and let it cool. Add to the wet ingredients.
Gently mix dry and wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix. (This over-develops the gluten and makes for a tougher muffin.)
Fold in hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Bake in muffin cups at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry. This makes about twelve muffins.