Cheesy Fried Hot Dogs
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- Ketchup and mustard, to serve
- Place a hot dog in the middle of a cheese slice.
- Roll the cheese slice around the hot dog, then push a wooden skewer inside.
- Place the cheese-wrapped hot dogs seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, milk, and eggs, stirring until the batter is smooth and has no lumps.
- Pour the batter into a tall glass cup for easier dipping.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat until 375°F-400°F.
- Take a frozen hot dog and dip it fully into the batter, lifting it out then rotating it to let excess batter drip off.
- Using tongs, carefully place the battered dog into the hot oil, rotating it so that it fries evenly.
- Remove when golden brown, then pat with a paper towel to drain. Serve with ketchup and mustard! Enjoy!
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.