Black Magic Chocolate Cake – This is my go-to chocolate cake recipe. Moist, rich, and delicious dark chocolate cake that’s perfect for any and all occasions!
Black Magic Chocolate Cake Recipe !
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1 cup strong black coffee OR 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee plus 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil, and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Frost as desired.
To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.