Air-Fried Chicken Stuffed Tortillas with Peppers and Corn
Prep Time : 25 min
Prep Time : 5 min
Total Time : ,
Servings :8 Makes 24 tortillas.
- 4 OUNCES cream cheese room temperature
- 2½ CUPS grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 CUPS shredded cooked chicken
- ½ CUP roasted peppers diced
- 1 CUP corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 minced Jalapeño pepper seeds removed
- 3 scallions chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
- ¼ CUP canola or olive oil
- 1 TEASPOON chili powder
- salsa optional
- Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Fold in the shredded chicken, roasted peppers, corn and scallions and season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a second small bowl, mix the oil and chili powder together and set aside.
- Cut the tortillas in half. Make one stuffed tortilla at a time. Start by rolling one half tortilla into a cone. While holding the cone in one hand, fill it with 2 tablespoons of the chicken and cheese mixture. Push the filling down into the bottom of the cone, leaving ½ inch of the cone empty at the top. Gently squeeze the cone to slightly flatten the cone into a puffed triangle. Lay the stuffed tortilla triangle seam-side down on a sheet tray or cutting board. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Brush each one with the chili oil.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 370°F.
- In batches, air-fry the tortillas for 6 to 7 minutes until the tortillas are lightly browned and the filling is heated through.
- Before serving, stack all the stuffed tortillas back into the air fryer and air-fry at 330°F for about 3 minutes to warm them all up.
- Serve warm, with salsa.