Classic Amish Oatmeal Pie
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a pie dish with unbaked pie crust.
- In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, oats, sugar, and salt, then stir in milk, beaten eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Continue stirring until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into pie shell, then place in oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until pie is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes, then serve with ice cream or whipped cream.