Recipe By Tracy (sugarcrafter )
A perfect weeknight meal!
- 1 box Regular Or Whole Wheat Penne, 12-13 Ounce Box
- 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 ounces, weight Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 jar Tomato Sauce (24 Oz)
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
- ¼ cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Divided
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish, and bake the chicken 25-30 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center. Cut into bite-sized pieces, and then shred using a fork.
At the same time, cook the pasta according to package directions. When finished cooking the pasta, add the spinach into the hot water with the pasta and stir just until the spinach wilts. Then pour the pasta and spinach into a colander to strain.
Pour the tomato sauce into a large pot, and add the spices. Simmer over low-medium heat. Add in the shredded chicken and stir until well-combined.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken and pasta mixtures with half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Pour into a greased 9×13″ baking dish, and sprinkle with the other halves of the cheeses.
Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.