Recipe By by angiegaz
A quick bread with lotsa flavor! Don’t eat chili without it. Cheddar cheese meats thyme, rosemary, and chives and bakes up nice n’ fine. Major league yum factor.
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Chives
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 12 ounces, fluid Beer
- 1-½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sharp
Heat oven to 375 F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cayenne pepper, herbs, and pepper. Pour in beer and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Mix well, and give it a big ole stir to make sure everything is evenly divided.
Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 50-55 minutes. Top with remaining cheddar cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.