Learn how I make perfect maple butter tarts, the ultimate Canadian recipe. I show you several tricks to make flaky, crisp pastry, using a mini muffin tin for best results. I make this iconic tart even more Canadian with maple syrup and blueberries. You will not be able to eat just one. FULL RECIPE BELOW.
Best Maple Butter Tarts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 (3 inches) unbaked tart shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, then beat in brown sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and lemon extract. Beat until light and bubbly, then stir in melted butter. Fold in raisins. Drop filling by spoonfuls into tart shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until filling is set and pastry is golden brown.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.