Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
– 0.67 15 ounce can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 0.67 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 0.67 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
– 0.67 green bell pepper
– 0.67 red bell pepper
– 0.67 small red onion chopped (about 1 cup)
– 0.33 cup chopped cilantro
– 0.17 cup olive oil
– 0.17 cup red wine vinegar
– 1.33 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 cloves garlic minced
– 0.67 teaspoon spicy chili flakes optional
– 0.67 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste – I like to use a couple tablespoons
– Salt and pepper to taste
Pour the drained and rinsed beans into a large bowl.
If you want to use roasted peppers, slice the peppers into quarters and core them out. Set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Set oven to broil and broil the peppers in the center of the oven, not too close to the heat source, for 20 minutes, or until the skins char and bubble up. Remove from heat, let them cool and peel them. Discard the skins and chop the peppers. Add them to the mixing bowl.
If you want to use fresh peppers, simply stem, core and chop them. Into the mixing bowl they go.
Mix in the onion and cilantro.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, chili flakes, hot sauce and a bit of salt and pepper. Pour it into the mixing bowl and mix everything until it is nicely coated.
Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Longer is better for develop more flavor.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.