I’m SUPER excited to share with you one of my latest sweet potato recipe obsessions. Sweet potato and chicken balls! If you’re bored and tired of the same baked chicken meals, try out this recipe.
Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers
Prep Time : 10 min
Prep Time : 30 min
Total Time : ,
- 1 lb ground chicken (uncooked)
- 2 cups uncooked sweet potato, finely grated (I used a wide cheese grated like this or you can use your food processor)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (I recommend this brand )
- 2–3 sprigs green onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Optional: 1 tsp paprika or chili powder (not AIP but adds a kick!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper lightly greased with oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Begin rolling the mixture into small, slightly flattened poppers about one inch in diameter (you’ll have about 20-25 poppers) and place them on the baking sheet
- Place in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping halfway through. Crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes to crisp further. Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite sauce! These are made for dipping so pair them with guacamole, ketchup, mustard, etc!
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.