– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 Tbsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 3 cups sugar
– 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
– 5 large eggs
– 1 cup whole milk
– 6 Tbsp lemon juice
– 1 lemon, zested
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Grease and flour 2 9 x 5 inch loaf pans or one large Bundt pan.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended after each one.
5. Add dry ingredients in three additions to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and zest.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes then turn cakes out onto racks to cool completely.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.