Soft in the centre with crisp edges …the ooey gooey Nutella filling…what’s not to love in this cookies
Nutella-Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
Prep Time : 15 min
Prep Time : 10 min
Total Time : ,
Servings :18 Dozen.
- 1 2/3 cups (213 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 (2.5 grams) teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups (165 grams) lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon(14.3 grams) milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 tablespoons (23 grams) red velvet emulsion (or regular red food coloring)
- 3/4 cup (131 grams) chocolate chips, plus extra for topping.
- 18 teaspoons (114 grams)Nutella
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and beat well.
- Beat in the milk, vanilla, and red velvet emulsion (or red food coloring).
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for an hour. At the same time, drop teaspoon dollops of Nutella onto parchment paper and freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Take out 1 tablespoon of dough and place a frozen teaspoon of Nutella onto the dough.
- Add another half tablespoon of dough over the Nutella and cover the dollop.
- Roll the dough between your hands to form a ball. Repeat the the remaining dough and Nutella. You may need to chill the dough again halfway through. I found the dough to be a bit sticky. I also kept my Nutella in the freezer and took out a teaspoon as I needed it because it thaws out fairly quickly.
- Bake the cookies for 9 – 10 minutes. The cookies will still be puffy. Gently press down with a spatula and top with mire chocolate chips if desired.
All ingredients should be at room temperature specially butter and eggs Nutella thaws very fast…remove only 1-2 pieces at a time
Check the cookies after 10-12 mins..keep an eye on them …..don’t over bake them
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.