Chocolate Cherry Cookies
1 hour to prepare 2 dozen
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
– 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
Preheat oven to 350º F and line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or mixer, beat butter for 2-3 minutes, or until softened and creamy, then beat in powdered sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts. Mixture should be fluffy.
Mix flour and maraschino cherry juice into dough, until it comes together.
Fold in chopped cherries and chocolate chips.
Using a tablespoon or cookie scooper, form 1-inch balls and place on lined baking sheet(s).
Optional: flatten cookies out using the palm of your hand, or the bottom of a glass.
Place trays in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.