It doesn’t get any easier than this! Shoyu Chicken is a favorite island plate, especially when you and your neighbors are having a luau!
If you have a recipe you want to see, let us know in the comment section!!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Additional: 1 hr
Total: 1 hr 40 mins
Yield: 12 servings
– 1 cup soy sauce
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup water
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
– 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon ground paprika
– 5 pounds skinless chicken thighs
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken thighs, and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
3. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken thighs on the preheated grill until cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.