- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce (your favorite sauce)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 4 tablespoons freshly snipped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
- ¼ cup water**
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef and sausage together. Drain off and discard any fat.
- Add the minced garlic and spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- To assemble, spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread ¾ cup of sauce on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Cover the bottom with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top with ⅓ of the cheese mixture and ¼ of the sauce.
- Repeat layers (noodles, cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce).
- Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- **If your sauce is a thick, hearty sauce, add ½ cup water to the edges of the pan. If your sauce is runnier like Old World Style Ragu, you won’t need as much water).
- Spray a sheet of aluminium foil with cooking spray. Cover with the pan with aluminum foil (sprayed side down). This spray prevents the cheese from sticking.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
The calories shown are based on the recipe serving 15, with 1 serving being 1 slice of lasagna. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information.**
Please make sure to Like and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook and also follow us on Pinterest to get our latest yummy and easy recipes !