These gluten free Lemon Blueberry Scones are like a last taste of summer before the autumn air has us running for the warm pumpkin pie spices.
Easy Blueberry Scones (Gluten-Free Optional)
Prep Time : 10 min
Prep Time : 25 min
Total Time : ,
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Grated and very cold or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk or Cream, plus more for brushing on top
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries (Frozen works too)
- Vanilla Glaze
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Milk (More if Needed)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender or your hands, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk or cream, and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients and blueberries to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- The mixture should be well combined and hold together in a ball.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto parchment paper or the counter.
- Press dough into 8-inch circle, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Brush the top with additional buttermilk or cream.
- Sprinkle with a touch of sugar.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the circle into 8 wedges (pie shape).
- Divide each wedge and place it onto a greased baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Leave about a few inches between each scone to expand.
- Place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Combine the ingredients for the vanilla glaze in a small bowl, add more milk if needed to create a glaze.
- Drizzle over the scones and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.