Planning meals on a budget can sometimes seem daunting. What else is there besides beans, rice, and ramen? If you’re willing to prepare your own food, the possibilities are nearly endless. Today we take a spin on the traditional chicken salad wrap or sandwich to give to a healthier, low carb and low cost wrap. Just because it is healthy and affordable doesn’t mean it lacks flavor either.
- 2 cups cooked chicken , shredded (I use rotisserie)
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons onions , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado , seeded, peeled, diced
- romaine hearts or bib lettuce about 16 leaves
- Add chicken, yogurt, mayo, onion, and lemon juice to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in avocado.
- Serve in cold, crisp lettuce cups.
- You might also like Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!