These Apple Pie Tacos are an awesome little dessert. The shell comes out nice and crunchy with the perfect apple pie filling. The first time I ever made these it was just for the wife and I (usually that’s how a new recipe goes so we can see if it is worthy of family, friends, and neighbors). The next time around we gave some to the neighbors and well it was even more of a hit than we thought they would be. So if you want to wow some guests with a really fun and cute dessert that taste amazing this is the recipe for you.
Apple Pie Tacos!!
- 4 Apples peeled & sliced
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 C Water
- Tortilla’s (flour) 6″ size
- Oil (for frying tortillas)
- 1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Whipped cream
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a saucepan.
- Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently For 10 minutes or until apples are semi-soft. If needed, thicken sauce using 1 Tbl of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbl of water.
- Mix into sauce and stir until thickened. Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on the tortilla in the oil for a few seconds.
- Then lay it on one side until browned and then place another side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of the sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
- Let it “set” on an upside-down muffin tin.
Last Step: Please ‘SHARE’ To Pass On This Recipe to a Friend Or Family Member.