1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 10.5″ Cast-Iron Skillet and set aside.
- Hull the strawberries. To make quick work of it, I use the OXO Strawberry Huller. Toss the strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar and set aside.
- In the pitcher of a blender, add 3 eggs, 1 cup milk, 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Give it a quick blend. It will only take about 20 seconds to combine.
- Arrange the strawberries in a single layer on the bottom of the buttered skillet and pour the batter over the strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Oven temps will vary, so I always recommend keeping an eye on it. The Clafoutis should be beautifully puffed and golden with no giggle in the center. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm. This goes great with ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream or Mascarpone cheese, and even some maple syrup for an impressive brunch dish. Enjoy!